[f-nsp] IPTV

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Tue Mar 27 03:36:52 EDT 2007

At 10:26 AM 3/26/2007, Nika Berelidze wrote:
>Thanks Giuliano,
>
> > What about JUNIPER M10i or JUNIPER MX-960 for CORE and CISCO 3750-E for
> > border ?
>Is there any specific reason that you're recommending these devices?
>
> > In the case of using Foundry, we recomend the following for the core:
> > http://www.foundrynet.com/products/sp/int-route-core/ni-xmr.html
> > NETIRON XMR.
>Same question here. I'm not a Foundry fan but need to have background
>to reject any solution.

I'm not sure what you mean by "not a Foundry fan." However, if you
are looking for core routing, I think it would be a big mistake to
not include Foundry in your evaluation. We just performed a
multi-month evaluation and comparison of Juniper, Cisco, and Foundry
for our backbone upgrade. We chose Foundry and purchased a bunch of
XMR routers. We have been very pleased. They had better performance
and lower power consumption than the competition, and all of the
features we wanted and needed at a much better price point.

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin