[f-nsp] EFM-OAM support in Foundry NetIron M2404F

David Ball davidtball at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 18:30:47 EDT 2007

   Hi all.  Am looking into 10/100 aggregation devices which have
EFM-OAM support (802.3ah), and found the M2404.  I understand it's a
very new product, but wondered if anyone on the list had managed to
get their hands on one for testing.
  My specific question is what mode a given 10/100 port can be in in
order to participate in EFM OAM and receive link fault notifications,
etc. from a remote device (a fiber-to-copper media converter, in my
case).  I've seen at least 1 device from another vendor that, while
claiming 802.3ah support, required that the port be in 'untagged' mode
for OAM stuff to work, which really doesn't work for me (we do lots of
Q-in-Q stuff, etc).
   Thought I'd ask!

David