[f-nsp] [SPAM tagged by PCNET] Re: MLX / XMR experiences

Todd Christell tchristell at springnet.net
Thu May 31 11:31:23 EDT 2007

Greetings,

Roberts SFP compatability comment is REALLY a key issue.  We are
successfully using DWDM band 29 optics from a third party to drive our
Zone DWDM network directly.  The SFPs cost $2500 and the card in the
Zone we are bypassing is $7000 (plus the cost of two normal SFPs) ends
up saving us ~$9500 per link.

Todd

Todd Christell
Network Manager
SpringNet
www.springnet.net
417.831.8688
Key fingerprint = 4F26 A0B4 5AAD 7FCA 48DD 7F40 A57E 9235 5202 D508