[f-nsp] Transparent VLL between XMR and Juniper T-series

Colin Horsington colin at horsington.com
Fri Apr 11 05:55:31 EDT 2008

David,

 From release 3.8.00 both VLLs and VPLS instances support dual mode
ports (i.e. both tagged and untagged Ethernet frames), unless you
really want to support transparent VLANs (similar to QinQ)?

If your trying to do transparent VLANs try changing the ethtype on
the VLL edge port, like:

NetIron(config)# tag-type 9100 e 3/1

...and ensure the VLL edge port is untagged.

Colin