[f-nsp] Assigning traffic to different VLLs based on the inner QinQ tag

David Ball davidtball at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 14:58:18 EDT 2008

  No solution to it yet, though I'm going to open a TAC ticket on it shortly.

  As per the User Configuration guide, the MLX/XMR "supports
802.1q-in-q tagging where the inner and outer tag can have different
or same tag-type values.".  However, the examples therein all indicate
that the tag-type for the outer should be set to 9100, which I don't
want to do (because not all of my downstream devices can modify
tag-type).  I just need it to stick an outer tag on and not touch the
original.
   It also indicates in the VLL section that if the endpoint on the
XMR is tagged, it'll tag the outbound traffic (towards the
cust/switch) with the associated tag...but never says if or what it
does to any existing VLAN tag in the original payload.  I'm setting up
a sniffer now to ensure that I'm actually passing the original tag
across the network (99% sure I am, cuz I'm not explicitly stripping
it).

David