[f-nsp] Serveriron VLAN question

Oliver Adam oadam at madao.de
Sun Aug 3 12:14:39 EDT 2008

This is true - you need a source-ip in every subnet you would like to
have servers in. On top of that you have to think about the way you
are going to route traffic to the clients. You can use

A. a default gateway at the ServerIron pointing to the client
(internet) and the mgmt networks (internal) - this is very simple and
source-nat would help to get the traffic back to the ServerIron which
is able to route everything to its default gateway.

B. reading the stuff below I have the feeling there are multiple
gateways involved. One pointing to the client and one pointing to the
mgmt networks and source-nat is not wanted at all. The only thing
which might help here (undocumented and untested):

"ip alternative-default-gateway..."

This is simulating static routes using L3 code.

R, Oliver