[f-nsp] Multicast causing high CPU

Christian MacNevin christian.macnevin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 13:09:43 EDT 2008

Hi

I've got a customer who's seeing very high CPU utilisation whenever
multicast is turned on across his BigIrons. I'm sorry I can't be
more specific than this, it's just about all the info I have. They also have
cisco 3750s and 65s which seem to be doing fine. Before I can
get a chance to look at the topology, I'm thinking about maybe rpf checking
owing to a split l2/l3 architecture, or possibly just the RP functionality
being too much for it (decapsulating PIM registers).

Are there many multicsat users on this list? And for that matter, are there
any good high cpu utilization troubleshooting guides out there
for foundry?

Thanks!
Christian