[f-nsp] foundry serveriron HTTP1.1 issues

Oliver Adam oadam at madao.de
Fri Aug 29 11:17:53 EDT 2008

First of all I would suggest to get rid of the old L7 legacy
switching configuration and move to the modern CSW way of doing it
(see documentation about csw rules and policies). Try to set the
following to solve the performance issue:

server l7-tcp-window-size 1460

This might help.

The reason why "server l7-tcp-window-size 1460" works is that client
always waits for the SI to send an ack before sending an additional
packet. Thus, if SI finds the cookie in the first packet, it takes a
switching decision and send an ack immediately. If it does not find
the cookie in the first packet then it stores the packet, sends an
ack, and wait for the second packet.

R, Oliver