[f-nsp] Is there much to recommend an MLX?

Dan Pinkard DPinkard at accessline.com
Wed Dec 3 14:41:35 EST 2008

Time and time again I've gotten anecdotal recommendations that Foundry should only be used for layer 2. I would like to open that up to a wider audience with a perhaps more directed question:

What is there about the MLX platform that helps it compare to the available offerings from Juniper/Cisco/etc? Why did you end up with that gear other than just price? With the same options available, would you buy it again?

(Please avoid the flamable aspects of that conversation)