[f-nsp] VPLS and Q-in-Q

Lazuardi Nasution mrxlazuardin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 13:00:00 EST 2008

Hi Spenser,

I think I should use your example configuration. On the Foundry
documentation about Q-in-Q, it is also stated that we can use the same
Tag Type both for Inner and Outer VLAN for interoperability with other
devices, isn't it ? The next problem is how to bridge the Inner VLAN
by using the VPLS/VLL ?

Let's use following case.
* Customer 1 has two Inner VLAN on Node A which are VLAN Data-A-1 and
VLAN Voice-A-1.
* Customer 1 has two Inner VLAN on Node B which are VLAN Voice-B-1 and
VLAN Video-B-1.
* Customer 1 has two Inner VLAN on Node C which are VLAN Video-C-1 and
VLAN Data-C-1.
* Customer 1 Node A is connected to FESX A, Customer 1 Node B is
connected to FESX B and Customer 1 Node C is directly connected to
MLX.

I must made following bridge on MLX.
* VLAN Voice-A-1 and VLAN Voice-B-1.
* VLAN Video-B-1 and VLAN Video-C-1.
* VLAN Data-C-1 VLAN Data-A-1.

Can we do it by using the help of VPLS/VLL ? Can we use different
Inner VLAN ID for the same service (for example VLAN Voice-A-1 and
VLAN Voice-B-1) or I must use the same Inner VLAN ID for that ?

Best regards,