[f-nsp] Getting started with ServerIron 4G

John G. isaac737 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 14:17:21 EST 2008

.to email address.  nice!  anyhow, if u log into your secondary/standby and
u have no real servers over there your failover will never work.

once u have the config-sender set up all u do to synch the config is:

conf t:

config synch slb

then u will see some stuff spit out to the console saying the synch was
complete.  SLB stands for Server Load Balance.  there are different options
but that is the one u want.

here is a config snippet to get u started on the primary:

<SNIP>

config-sync sender ethernet 2/1 mac 0012.2222.1111 vlan-id 123

where ethernet 2/1 is the LAN port in our config.  VLAN is the VLAN the LAN
ports are in.  and the MAC address is the hardware address of your secondary
foundry.  this can be found via sh interface ethernet 2/1 (use the one that
starts with bia).

secondary config:

config-sync receiver ethernet 2/1 vlan-id 123

MAC addresses and VLANs changed to protect the innocent.

cheers,
jg

p.s. vote Ron Paul in 2008!