[f-nsp] Rejected Authentication Requests

Ahmed Rezk arezk at salec.com
Tue Jan 1 07:04:59 EST 2008

Dear Helpers,

I have a problem with ServerIronXL running release 07.5.00T12.

The problem is: I have VIP "on ServerIron" that load balance on two radius
servers and actually we are doing simple SLB without any advanced options
like source-Nat or DSR.

But, sometime "usually at the peak times", the authentication requests came
from the clients to the VIP "CIP:VIP" but the replies came from the real
servers to the clients which forced the client to mark this authentication
request as rejected then the client retries to authenticate again.

At these times, the reject rate reached 30% of the total authentication
requests.

By the way, we never reach the limit of the max number of sessions and the
CPU utilization never reaches 100%.

Is there any solution to this problem? "take into your consideration that
this is the last release for the device"

Thanks in advance.

BR,

AR