[f-nsp] Getting started with ServerIron 4G

Gerald Krause gk at ax.tc
Thu Jan 31 16:59:19 EST 2008

On Thursday 31 January 2008 21:35:25 Chris Price wrote:
> OK so maybe I'm in too far and made some assumptions that are confusing
> people.
>
> I want to start with a simple HA scenario, an active and a standby SI.
>
> The SI's, the VIP's and the real servers are all on the same subnet.
> Real servers will use the SI 'cluster' as its default gateway to not
> have to do DSR.
>
> How can I setup a pair of serverirons in a active-standby pair in such a
> way that if the active node fails, all services being provided by that
> node fail over to the standby node seamlessly and without intervention.
> This includes real servers, vip's, IP's used by Reals as the default
> gateway,. etc.

I haven't do this yet but according the `ServerIron TrafficWorks Server Load
Balancing Guide` on page 7-4 you have to use the 'Standard Hot Standby'
method via the "server backup/server source-standby-ip/server source-ip"
configuration commands. VRRP is available with the optional L3 upgrade only.

Hope that helps.

--
Gerald   (ax/tc)