[f-nsp] BI-1500 Hanged Up (Help Required)

Farooq Butt hmfarooqbutt at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 2 11:03:54 EDT 2008

Hello

We are using Foundry BI-1500 (5 Ethernet + 6 Fiber + 2 Management) modules, apart from about 100 FES4802 and 2404 series edge switches..

>From a number of day I had a problem on my core switch, i.e. it started to show very high cpu utilization even till 97% average .. and finally today it hanged so i need to cold start it .. Now it's ok

But i just want to find out the reason why it happened ..

Syslog messages received from Foundry are

 Slot 1 Write Sequence Drop 3450470 within 5 minutes.
 Slot 5 Write Sequence Drop 18 within 5 minutes.
 Slot 6 Write Sequence Drop 4 within 5 minutes.
 Slot 7 Write Sequence Drop 18 within 5 minutes.
 Slot 8 Write Sequence Drop 3 within 5 minutes.
 Slot 8 Write Sequence Drop 22 within 5 minutes.
 Slot 13 Write Sequence Drop 9 within 5 minutes.
 Slot 15 Write Sequence Drop 3 within 5 minutes.
 Slot 15 Write Sequence Drop 72 within 5 minutes.

Slot 1 has active management module and  Slot 2 has standby management module ...

Please help me to resolve the issue

Thanx in advance

Auto Reply Engine
farooqeme at engineer.com