[f-nsp] RANCID and Foundry issues? Disappearing and Reappearing config

Mark Bergsma mark at wikimedia.org
Thu Oct 2 10:35:31 EDT 2008

Lucas Tobey wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We are having some issues with our Foundry XMR 4000 routers running 3.7f
> code and RANCID. We didn't have these issues in earlier version of IronWare.
>
> We are noticing that RANCID is dumping garbage diffs from our configs.
> It shows config info disappearing and reappearing constantly.
> Information like route maps, ACL, and even BGP configuration keeps
> showing up even though we made no changes. We only see this problem with
> our Foundry routers.
>
> Anyone have similar issues or have some ideas where to start looking?

Yes, we experience this on the RX as well, code base 2.5.00.

The output of "show version" often gets truncated, resulting in
alternating RANCID diffs for some hours on end. Very annoying.

Also the order of configuration lines of IPv6 BGP session apparently
changes every time you modify something, so that entire part tends to be
included in many diffs.

--
Mark Bergsma <mark at wikimedia.org>
System & Network Administrator, Wikimedia Foundation