[f-nsp] bricked foundry?

Matthias Gelbhardt matthias at commy.de
Sun Sep 14 04:34:56 EDT 2008

Hi!

I am glad to find a foundry-mailinglist to write my problem to and
hopefully get fast support and help.

I have a FESX424-PREM. Unfortunatly the firmware upgrade went terribly
wrong and so I do not have a working image in the primary flash. I
suppose that was a rather dumb thing to do of me. In the secondary
flash is an image. Unfortunatly this image seems not to have any IP
connectivity, which I do not understand (any ip and bgp commands in
the startup config are not executed).

Furthermore I have managed to brick the foundry one more time, as I
have now a line "Bootstrap stopped for sds go command". At the moment
I have console connection to the machine, but no physical connection.

So my questions are:
1- How do I recover the primary flash, ie. how to I copy a working
flash image to the primary flash?
2. Is it normal, that the secondary flash does not provide any IP
connectivity (how do I flash it with it?)
3. What is the sds go command?

Any fast help will be greatly appreciated,

Matthias