[f-nsp] RANCID and Foundry issues? Disappearing and Reappearing config

Lucas Tobey lucas.tobey at 1and1.com
Tue Sep 30 11:23:53 EDT 2008

Hello All,

We are having some issues with our Foundry XMR 4000 routers running 3.7f
code and RANCID. We didn't have these issues in earlier version of IronWare.

We are noticing that RANCID is dumping garbage diffs from our configs.
It shows config info disappearing and reappearing constantly.
Information like route maps, ACL, and even BGP configuration keeps
showing up even though we made no changes. We only see this problem with
our Foundry routers.

Anyone have similar issues or have some ideas where to start looking?

Thanks!