[f-nsp] Route Not Entering Routing Table

Joseph Hardeman jwhardeman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 03:39:54 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone might know why when I add an IP to an External
facing Interface and add "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 EXTERNALIP distance
240" in the config, why when I do a "sh ip route direct" it would not
show up in the output?  I have added "ip policy prefer-direct-route" to
the BI8000 but I do not see that IP in the routing table, nor is it
pingable from outside of our network.  It is a public facing IP.  I have
tried different LX modules and also different ports on two different
cards on that system.

Thanks

Joe