[f-nsp] Route Not Entering Routing Table

Jeroen Wunnink jeroen at easyhosting.nl
Wed Apr 29 03:40:27 EDT 2009

How loaded is this switch/router ?

(virtual) interfaces that suddenly stop pinging can be a sign of
resources filling up, so does it have a high CPU load ?, is CAM nearly
full ('sh cam-part det' and look for 'free' numbers nearing 0).

And is it your interface that stops pinging or is it the interface of
your uplink/provider that stops pinging ?, might want to check if any
form of port-security on either your or their side is kicking in.

And try moving the IP's from physical ports to ve's belonging to a vlan,
(create vlan, add the physical port untagged to it, then add a ve to it,
then configure the ve with the IP as you would like any interface, makes
it easier to migrate between different ports in the future too since you
can just add another port to the vlan)

Also last resort suggestion: try upgrading to firmware 07.8.04a, I've
had very little issues with this version on our old Bigiron 4000 routers.

--

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jeroen Wunnink,
EasyHosting B.V. Systeembeheerder
systeembeheer at easyhosting.nl

telefoon:+31 (035) 6285455              Postbus 48
fax: +31 (035) 6838242                  3755 ZG Eemnes

http://www.easyhosting.nl
http://www.easycolocate.nl