[f-nsp] Line Cards not Booting on NI-MLX-4

Chuck Ufarley markentime at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 17:17:18 EDT 2009

Hi all--

I've got a couple of NI-MLX-1Gx20-SFPs that I'm trying to bring up on an
NI-MLX-MR running 4.00ca, and I can't get the cards to boot.  They keep
looping through a "CARD_STATE_BOOT" "CARD_STATE_SW_LOADED "
"CARD_STATE_SYNC_FID" loop, but won't come up active.  I can't update the lp
files unless the card comes up.  I've tried this:

Config t
 lp boot system interactive [slot#]
exit
 wr mem
Power-off lp [slot#]
Power-on lp [slot#]
lp boot system mp primary [slot#]

and the lp images load from the mp, but they don't seem to stick, because
the line card doesn't go active.

Do I need to issue a "no lp boot system interactive" + new "wr mem" + reload
command to get it up and running?  It doesn't seem to work.  Am I missing
something obvious.

Help is extremely appreciated.  I'm a little stumped right now.

Thanks.

--Chuck