[f-nsp] Multiple VIPs with Different Subnets

Lazuardi Nasution mrxlazuardin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 22:34:21 EST 2009

Hi Jack,

Yes, there is different router per subnet and I have done the static
routing for that. VIP1 is in the same subnet with Management IP and
the Router1 is connected to eth1, so I just simply put Management IP
on eth1. Since Router2 is connected to eth2, should I do something on
eth2, ex. put another management IP on the eth2 which is in the same
subnet with VIP2 ? The other ethernet ports are for Real Server so I
have give ve1 for those ports.

There is another weird problem. I have made DNS binding from VIP1 and
RE1 and I have put ve1 IP in the same subnet with RE1. RE1 default
gateway is ve1 IP. I can query the DNS through VIP1 but RE1 cannot do
traceroute to the Internet, stuck on the ServerIron. What's happen
here ?

Best regards,