[f-nsp] Determining throughput

Chris Cameron chris at upnix.com
Tue Feb 3 14:00:30 EST 2009

I may have asked the wrong question. We have a number of utilities
that watch our traffic come and go. My problem was that the router
itself (through using 'show interfaces ethernet 1/1') is showing a
value way off of our other methods of watching throughput.

I was hoping someone could say "well that's a terribly inaccurate way
to look at bandwidth on a router", so I could continue on trusting the
load balancer and Zenoss graphs.

So, can I expect accurate numbers from using 'show interfaces ethernet
1/1' and looking at '300 second output rate:'?

Thanks,
Chris