[f-nsp] colliding vlan tags?

joe mcguckin joe at via.net
Thu Feb 12 21:09:25 EST 2009

Since the XMR is essentially a switch with a single vlan tag domain
per chassis, how do users deal with unwanted colliding
vlan tag id's on multiple trunked ethernet interfaces? (Sometimes
you're not always in control of vlan tag assignments...)

I've seen the vll-local feature. That doesn't quite do what I want,
since it creates a link with 2 endpoints. What i really want is the
ability
to substitute tag values on an interface before it gets routed or
switched.

Joe McGuckin
ViaNet Communications

joe at via.net