[f-nsp] NSSA areas and default-information-originate

Clement Cavadore clement at cavadore.net
Mon Feb 23 06:40:51 EST 2009

Hi,

I have two areas in my network: 0.0.0.0 (backbone area) and 100 (NSSA
area, in which I have two 3750 through which I don't want any backbone
traffic in). On one side of the area, I have a Jetcore bigiron  (SW ver:
08.0.01oT53), and on the other side, I have a Cisco 7k6.

I don't want to set up static routes on the 3750 for the default gateway
of this LAN, I'd really prefer to receive it through IGP.

On cisco side, I can inject the default gw to the NSSA area, but the
jetcore does not inject it on the NSSA area.

Here is my config (on the Jetcore)
router ospf
(...)
area 100 nssa 100
area 100 nssa default-information-originate
(...)

interface x/y
(...)
ip ospf area 100
(...)
!

With that config, the OSPF adjency is correct between the 3750 and the
Jetcore. But no default gateway...

Did I miss out something ?

Thanks,
--