[f-nsp] Multicasting config example?

Bjørn Skovlund Rydén BSR at fullrate.dk
Tue Feb 24 09:45:21 EST 2009

Hi all,

I got some very positive feedback off-list, which has gotten me a bit further. I'm still a bit puzzled with a few things, but I've attached a config below, which is working to some extent.

This got me as far as being able to send a multicast stream from a computer on eth 2/3 to a set-top box on eth 2/4. Now if I try to enable "ip pim-sparse" on eth 2/7 which should go to a FESX, my multicasting from 2/3 to 2/4 breaks(!?) Can someone explain this to me?

Cheers, Bjørn

Current configuration:
!
ver V4.0.0aT163
!
set-fan-speed low
!
ip multicast active
no spanning-tree
!
vlan 1 name DEFAULT-VLAN
!
!
default-max-frame-size 9216
no route-only
cam-partition profile ipv4
enable telnet authentication
enable telnet password .....
enable super-user-password .....
telnet server
!
!
!
!
!
hostname cosw1-jg
ip multicast-routing
!
router ospf
 area 0
!
!
!
router pim
 route-precedence mc-non-default uc-non-default mc-default uc-default
 rp-address 90.185.15.24
 rp-candidate loopback 1
 rp-candidate add 224.0.0.0 4
!