[f-nsp] Question about MLX/XMR capabilities

Tomasz Szewczyk tomeks at man.poznan.pl
Tue Jan 27 05:03:09 EST 2009

Hi,

I think it is not possible (at least at the moment). The IP can be set
for virtual interface, but first you're creating L2 vlan and next, you
need to add router interface.
The configuration looks like
SSH at XMR_1(config)#vlan 2
SSH at XMR_1(config-vlan-2)#router-interface ve 3
SSH at XMR_1(config-vlan-2)#router-interface ve 4
error - vlan 2 is already has router-interface 3

So there is one ve per one vlan. VLAN is configured globally, so no
overlapping is possible.
It seems shaping per subinterface is not possible too:
SSH at XMR_1(config-vif-3)#qos shaper 100000
Error: please use physical port config interface level to configure qos
shaper.
But on physical interface shaping is configured globally.

Probably you need to ask Foundry (Brocade currently) about extensions in
new code versions. The output I captured comes from latest (4.0) code.

Tomek