[f-nsp] General question about connection expiration, serveriron XL

Oliver Adam oadam at madao.de
Fri Jul 10 08:12:23 EDT 2009

There is not a lot you can do talking about connection expiration.
The XL is not terminating the SSL traffic and the XL is basically
acting as L4 load balacing devices in your setup. The session is
getting terminated at the real servers. The session expiration/close
down depends on the real server and the client - one of the is going
to close the connection down and the firewall should see this.

Let me ask one question: Looking at these sessions do they come from
various client IP addresses or is it maybe related to health check
traffic in between the ServerIron and the real server?

Cheers,

Oliver