[f-nsp] Latency issue

Vladimir Dyachenko vlad.dyachenko at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 17:49:01 EDT 2009

Hello,

I got a strange problem for some time now.

I have two RX-4 routers, each one has an uplink to an upstream and get a
full BGP table. Both are connected together thru BGP/OSPF and run VRRP
owner/backup.

Then I have a switch connected to both routers and my servers are connected
to that switch.

-----------------       -----------------
|               |       |               |
|     BR 1      |-------|      BR 2     |
|               |       |               |
-----------------       -----------------
               \         /
            -----------------
            |               |
            |      SW 1     |
            |               |
            -----------------

>From Internet when I connected from BR1 (with upstream 1) everything works
fine, latency is normal. But when I connect thru BR2 (with path over
upstream 2) my latency get 80ms for now reason on the last hope (between the
provider interface on my side and the target).

I run a VLAN '2',BR1 has spanning-tree priority 200 and BR2 has
spanning-tree priority 100 and my switch has spanning-tree priority 0.

Note : this only happends for upstream 2 on BR2, and when I turn off router
1 (and thus disconnected upstream 1) latency is again normal for upstream 2.

Any idea ?

Best regards.

Vladimir