[f-nsp] foundry-nsp Digest, Vol 81, Issue 6

Lazuardi Nasution mrxlazuardin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 02:45:45 EDT 2009

Hi Chuck,

I find following on BigIron RX datasheet.

"Brocade Direct Routing (BDR): The forwarding information base (FIB)
is downloaded to the hardware-based forwarding engine on each line
module. This memory can be pre-populated with as many as 512,000 IPv4
and 64,000 IPv6 routes for wire-speed routing performance."

On the old datasheet you will find BDR as FDR (Foundry Direct
Routing). According to BigIron RX documentation, BigIron RX support
IPv6 over IPv4 Tunnels in hardware too. So I think it is the solution
of BigIron RX for dual stack routing.

Best regards,