[f-nsp] help on QOS for ip phones

francois.viau at rrsss16.gouv.qc.ca francois.viau at rrsss16.gouv.qc.ca
Tue Oct 13 16:02:06 EDT 2009

Hi all

We have juste added some ip phones on our network and I'm trying to set
the qos with a priority of 1 on the ip phones vlan.
I see that I can do it by  port but this is not really convenient has the
port is in dual-mode with a pc I rather do it by vlan  because my pc is in
vlan 10 and my phones are in vlan 30 .
Si if I can set the priority of 1 in vlan 30 that would be great but I
dont see the option on how  to do it  anyone have an idea that would be
really great

Also if i'm reading correctly foundry by default  assign the qos has
weighted fair queuing and I think changing that to qos mechanism strict
would be better ? am I right ..

thanks

francois