[f-nsp] help on QOS for ip phones

francois.viau at rrsss16.gouv.qc.ca francois.viau at rrsss16.gouv.qc.ca
Thu Oct 15 14:08:15 EDT 2009

Thank you  very much for your explanation , then I will make an
access-list   something like qos-tos map dscp-priority 46 to 2

But for vlan priority I dont have the option ?

FES-4802POE(config)#vlan 20
 by     VLAN type
  name   VLAN name
  <cr>

Francois Viau

Eric Helm <helmwork at ruraltel.net>
2009-10-15 09:59

francois.viau at rrsss16.gouv.qc.ca
cc
Lazuardi Nasution <mrxlazuardin at gmail.com>, foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net
Objet
Re: [f-nsp] help on QOS for ip phones

If your phones already mark the TOS field, then you don't have to do
anything except trust the markings at the port level. Diffserv QOS is on
by default in the FES switches. You may want to change the DSCP to
internal forwarding priority mapping for EF:
qos-tos map dscp-priority 46 to 6

francois.viau at rrsss16.gouv.qc.ca wrote:
> Thanks but can I define the priority by vlan or I still have to do it by

> port or by access-list ?

If your phones already mark the TOS field, then you don't have to do
anything except trust the markings at the port level. Diffserv QOS is on
by default in the FES switches. You may want to change the DSCP to
internal forwarding priority mapping for EF:
FES4802(config)# qos-tos map dscp-priority 46 to 6

If you really prefer to do 802.1p QOS, then you can assign priority on a
per VLAN basis like this:

FES4802(config)# vlan 20
FES4802(config-vlan-20)# priority 7

TOS-based QOS may override the 802.1p priority, so you may have to
disable it:
FES4802(config)# no port-priority

/Eric