[f-nsp] Policy based routing question

Joseph Hardeman jwhardeman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 08:55:02 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

Here is a better example of what I am using on the primary to try to
send traffic from one of the networks out just one of the connections.
I hope this makes sense.  It was mentioned that its possible that I am
announcing the VRRP address and not the interface address, but since I
am using VRRP not VRRP-E {as of yet, but very possibly soon in the
future I will be} the master has to announce the same IP as the interface.

router vrrp
!
ip route 192.168.18.0 255.255.255.0 null0
!
access-list 35 permit 192.168.18.0 0.0.0.255
!
route-map test-next-hop permit 10
match address 35
set ip next-hop 10.10.1.1
!
interface ve 210
 port-name "TestingIPPolicyRouting"
 ip address 192.168.18.1 255.255.255.248
 ip policy route-map test-next-hop
 ip vrrp vrid 210
  owner track-priority 20
  ip-address 192.168.18.1
  track-port e 1/2
  track-port e 1/7
  activate

I have simplified it and am only testing with a single part of a /24,
which like I mentioned previously when I remove the "ip vrrp vrid 210"
section from the vlan interface, the PBR starts working.  But when I put
the vrrp config back in place for "ip vrrp vrid 210" then the PBR is
ignored.

Thanks

Joe