[f-nsp] Configuring session persistence in ServerIron 4G

Scott T. Cameron routehero at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 09:12:48 EDT 2010

port http sticky and cookie insertion are mutually exclusive.  Basically,
sticky will override the cookies.

The implication is that any group of users who use the same IP address
(proxy or ISP NAT) will all be stuck to the same server, rather than an
accurate loadbalance based on real users.

There may be other implications, but that one is usually the important one.
 If you have only 10 users, and those 10 users all come from 1 IP address,
they will only ever hit 1 real server.

Scott