[f-nsp] GSLB vs IE DNS Cache

Scott T. Cameron routehero at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 10:28:25 EDT 2010

DNS caching is a problem you'll face in more than just IE, but most
applications that ever look up a DNS record will cache the record for some
period of time -- if not indefinitely.

There is no easy solution to that problem, except informing your customers
to shut down the application and restart it.

Your design for your customer facing applications will really determine the
best way to use GSLB, and you may not ever need to run in to DNS caching
problems -- design permitting.

Scott