[f-nsp] Serveriron as a part of DoS mitigation/reduction

Jimmy Stewpot mailers at oranged.to
Sun Mar 7 18:18:01 EST 2010

Hello,

I am currently investigating various products in relation to developing a product around DoS mitigation/clean pipe style stuff. I am interested to know if anyone has any exposure to using the DoS mitigation features within the Serveriron product range. Specifically the ADX.

We have been looking at having a range of different solutions to protect against the various different types of DoS attacks. So far we have the following primary attack types which our customers have faced over time.

- TCP SYN flood.
- HTTP GET Attacks.
- SMTP connection flooding.
- DNS 'storm'.

Given the nature of these attacks we have been looking at the possibility of having some load balancers and some 'secure proxies' which would help protect against the GET style attacks. The SMTP stuff we have an internal smtp cluster which we can route to which can handle millions of concurrent connections.

I am keen to know what other peoples experience in this area is like and if anyone can provide some feedback.

Regards,

Jimmy.