[f-nsp] Trunk multi-slot: one port per slot

Jared Valentine hidden at xmission.com
Tue Mar 16 21:46:04 EDT 2010

I think you need to follow some basic trunking rules:

You must start on an odd port and end on an even port.

You must use contiguous ports (in pairs).

So, for example:  if you wanted a multiple slot trunk using ports 3/1
and 4/1 then you would:

Trunk e 3/1 to 3/2 e 4/1 to 4/2
Trunk deploy

Because 3/2 resides on the same ASIC as 3/1 you must include it in the
trunk configuration.

You now have a 4 port trunk. You don't have to use ports 3/2 and 4/2
in the actual trunk... The trunk will work even if you only connect 2
ports.

The gotcha is that you can't use those ports (3/2 and 4/2) for
anything else except the trunk.

Jared