[f-nsp] L4 NAT TCP(fwd no port available)

George B. georgeb at gmail.com
Wed May 5 13:17:16 EDT 2010

Is this internal source NAT or is this outbound NAT?  Either way you
either need to add more source nat IPs or you need to add more IPs to
the outbound NAT pool.

One thing I have noticed with the ADX is that it does not tend to
balance outbound NAT sessions equally across the barrel processors but
that produces a different issue (asymmetrical CPU load).

If you are in an HA setup where you have the port ranges split between
units, you get about 32,000 sessions per IP address per unit.  If they
are stand alone, you get 64,000 concurrent sessions per IP address.