[f-nsp] Inbound only ACL's

Loopback EZ loopback at ezxyz.com
Wed May 5 18:47:09 EDT 2010

As you know, many of the newer Brocade products only offer inbound
ACL's.   When applying some recently I ran into results that I did not
expect and was hoping for some help.   I am applying these to the VE
entity that is associated with the VLAN and my goal is to isolate that
VLAN except for a few hosts and services.  My understanding is that when
considering ACL's, you should place yourself within the router when
evaluating the inbound vs outbound traffic flow.  In this case I am the
VE 50  inside of the router so I would assume that my "incoming" should
be the packets that do not have my subnet source address.  Which of the
two ACL lists is correct for this application?  Is there a better way to
do this?

I am attempting to allow two host addresses to access 50 from subnets 8
and 6 and all of 18 subnet to access subnet 50.  The goal is to also
restrict the any hosts from 50 from initiating a connection to anything
other than the two hosts and the single subnet.

List applied at VE

interface ve 50
  ip address 10.4.50.1/24
  ip access-group SubNet-50 in