[f-nsp] Unsupported optics

Peter Olsen Peter.Olsen at GlobalConnect.dk
Fri May 7 14:15:41 EDT 2010

Chuck,

Have you done the "no transceiver-type-check" command ?

Our XMR/MLX do not report the 'optic is not brocade qualified' log
entry. And, we are for sure not using Brocade qualified optics.

Br,

Peter

From: foundry-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:foundry-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Chuck Ufarley
Sent: 7. maj 2010 19:44
To: foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [f-nsp] Unsupported optics

Hi all--

I keep getting reminders that I'm not using Brocade optics:

May  7 10:33:06:O:SYSTEM: Optic is not Brocade qualified (port 0/1/1).
    May  7 10:30:05:O:SYSTEM: Optic is not Brocade qualified (port
0/1/1).
    May  7 10:27:03:O:SYSTEM: Optic is not Brocade qualified (port
0/1/1).

The optics work, so I don't really want the reminder.  Is there any way
to disable it?

Thanks much.

--Chuck