[f-nsp] NetIron MLX-4 vs Juniper MX240

David Ball davidtball at gmail.com
Sat May 8 10:05:30 EDT 2010

  A couple come to mind (though I haven't looked at the 5.0 code at all):

-ability to obtain per-VLAN interface stats on a given dot1q port via SNMP
-logical routers (which spawn unique routing daemons)
-ability to house a global routing table inside a VRF
-some QinQ strangeness which *may* have been resolved by now
-hitless control plane switchover when MPLS is in use
-advanced VLAN tag manipulation (pop, swap, push) before sending to a
VLL/VPLS (might be fixed?)
-no RSVP refresh reduction

  I still really like the MLX/XMR......just tripped over a few of
those things....

David