[f-nsp] NetIron MLX-4 vs Juniper MX240

Lee Pedder lee.pedder at gmail.com
Sat May 8 12:16:19 EDT 2010

Hi Scott,

Have you looked at the Brocade CER2000? It has a better price point
than the MLX-4 at the expense of internal redundancy. It will do 512k
routes in hardware and is based on the same Ironware as the XMR/MLX
series.

I am looking to evaluate one soon, but at the moment I run MLX-4s and
they have been rock solid as edge routers with a handful of BGP
sessions. I can't comment on the Juniper MX series but when I last
priced one it wasn't competitive for my needs, although it does seem
to offer more features plus the usual benefits you get with Junos
management.

Lee