[f-nsp] NetIron MLX-4 vs Juniper MX240

David Kotlerewsky webnetwiz at gmail.com
Tue May 11 00:22:17 EDT 2010

Samit,

List price in MX80 will be 40K for the model with fixed 48x RJ45 ports + 4x
10GbE XFP ports. A similarly built MLX-4 config will run at $79,730 (base
chassis with 1 mgmt module, 2 fabric modules, 1 AC power+fan is $19,245.
Then you need to add 1 4x10GbE XFP module at $27,495 and 2x MLX 20-port 1GbE
RJ45 modules at $16,495 each). Now you may get a very nice discount from
Brocade, but Juniper will be game as well in trying to market the MX80, so
you may see some really nice discounts. Also, the MX80 is only 2U of space,
and the MLX-4 is 4U.

Sincerely,

David.