[f-nsp] NetIron MLX-4 vs Juniper MX240

Rolf Hanßen nsp at rhanssen.de
Wed May 12 03:50:14 EDT 2010

Hi,

it looks to me you calculate with an amount of v6 routes similar to the
number of v4 routes today and I thinks that this won't happen.
For example: RIPE has assigned 5x IPv4 PA networks to us during the last
10 years but we only use one /32 v6 network. We furthermore had to split
up those v4 assignments because we have a split network with several
independent locations not connected together. This increased the number of
prefixes we announce very fast.
So the amount of v6 prefixes created from us will be much lower and I
think other providers may have similar spaces they use.
Even if you enable v6 for all networks currently using v4 I think total
amount will keep below 100k routes.

kind regards
Rolf