[f-nsp] NetIron MLX-4 vs Juniper MX240

George B. georgeb at gmail.com
Thu May 13 12:15:42 EDT 2010

2010/5/12  <spenserhuang at aptg.com.tw>:
> Dear Sir:
>
> I think Brocade intend to make MLX more longer lifetime. New switching
> fabric and 10GE modules were introduced in release 5.0. The capacity has
> been increase double probably.

The new MLX-4-HSF (you won't find it on their website yet) along with
the 10GX8-M  blades gives you the 10G density in an MLX-4 that used to
require an
MLX-8.  Basically the new chassis goes from 50Gig per slot to 100G per
slot along with new switch fabric modules.  The new basic bundle for
the chassis is NI-MLX-4-AC-HSF which gets you a chassis, one power
supply, a management module, and three of the new switch fabric
modules (HSF).

If you put a new 8x10G module in the old chassis you are going to be
limited to only 50G, I think.

George