[f-nsp] SI-450 Enable udp response to traceroutes on VIP

Dan Swanson dswanson at adjuggler.com
Wed Nov 24 11:15:16 EST 2010

Hi All-

I'm a bit new to the Foundry line of hardware.  We currently use multiple
ServerIron 450s for load balancing.  ICMP-based traceroutes work correctly
terminating at the SI but the UDP traceroutes do not as I presume it requires
some sort of config option for the SI to respond to UDP ports not configured on
the VIP.  We do not specifically filter any UDP ports > 1024.  Is there a way to
enable the SI to respond to UDP-based traceroutes on a VIP?  I've checked the
security guide and firewall load balancing guide but have not yet found anything
on this.

lb1#sh ver
  SW: Version 10.2.01cTD4 Copyright (c) 1996-2007 Foundry Networks, Inc.
      Compiled on Sep 04 2008 at 19:17:10 labeled as WXR10201c
  HW: ServerIron 450 Router, SYSIF version 21, Serial #: Non-exist
SL 1: B0GMR WSM6 Management Module, SYSIF 2, M6, ACTIVE
      Serial #:   CH43071768
    0 MB SHM, 3 Application Processors
16384 KB BRAM, SMC version 5, BM version 21
  SW: (1)10.2.01cTF2 (2)10.2.01cTF2 (3)10.2.01cTF2
SL 2: J-BxG4 JetCore Gig Fiber Module, SYSIF 2 (Mini GBIC)
      Serial #:   CH37061916
 4096 KB BRAM, JetCore ASIC IGC version 49, BIA version 8a
32768 KB PRAM and 2M-Bit*1 CAM for IGC  4, version 0449
SL 3: J-BxG2 JetCore Gig Fiber Module, SYSIF 2 (Mini GBIC)
      Serial #:   CH14060723
 4096 KB BRAM, JetCore ASIC IGC version 49, BIA version 8a
32768 KB PRAM and 2M-Bit*1 CAM for IGC  8, version 0449
Active management module:
  1.0 GHz Power PC processor 750GX (version 7002/0102) 66 MHz bus
  512 KB boot flash memory
16384 KB code flash memory
  512 KB SRAM
  512 MB DRAM

--

Thank you,
Dan Swanson

AdJuggler, Inc.
o) 703 914 9700
f) 703 642 2908
www.adjuggler.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
information belonging to AdJuggler, Inc.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution in part or in whole is prohibited.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all
copies of the original message.  If you are the intended recipient, please be
advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and
disclosure by the sender's email system administrator.