[f-nsp] MLX broadcast storm protection

Eric Nghia Nguyen-Duy eric.ndn at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 13:06:29 EDT 2011

Hi,

What is the natural of your traffic then ? Do you allow broadcast,
unknown unicast to be flooded by the edge-switches ?
Applying L2 ACL at the edge switches might be you answer, if you only
allow traffics sourcing from one MAC addresses.
IMHO,  allow the broadcast packets hitting your CPU is bad, just drop
broadcast traffic from unknown source L2 ACL.