[f-nsp] FastIron LS

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 03:21:44 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 2:31 AM, Jared Valentine <hidden at xmission.com> wrote:
> Afaik it's still around. The FCX is a much better switch. The Datacenter version has an optional 4x10GbE module, dual hotswap power supplies, and a modular fan tray. It comes with full layer 3 software (minus bgp) and has 2x the buffers of an LS.

Thanks Jarred. Now choice for me is easy - FCX and forget about FLS :)

So, I found that buffer size looks like that:

FCX 48 ports - 4MB
FCX 24 ports - 2MB
FLS/FGS 48 ports - 2MB
FLS/FGS 24 ports - 1MB
FEX - 32MB Ingress + 32MB Egress
CER/CES 48 ports - 128MB + 64MB if 2x10GE module is installed
CER/CES 24 ports - 64MB + 64MB if 2x10GE module is installed
MLX/MLXe/XMR - depends on linecard - very large from 128MB, 256MB up to 1GB

But I was unable to find how large buffers are in FastIron SX (SuperX,
SX 800, SX 1600).
Anybody can help?

Robert