[f-nsp] MLXe-4 vs ASR1006 vs MX80

Chris Marlatt cmarlatt at rxsec.com
Tue Apr 26 15:45:12 EDT 2011

On 04/26/2011 12:50 PM, Moriniaux Michel wrote:
> Hello All,
> Last pres we got the MLXe does 1m in FIB, our current MLX only do 512k
> (IIRC you can put regular MLX cards in an MLXe but then you only get the
> 512k FIB)

I have seen similar. However on my MLXe's the MP only wants to let me
configure a maximum of 524288 for the ip-route in system-max - even
though my LPs show twice the available memory as the "gen-1" cards.

I suppose it could be a cam profile issue but I wont have a need to
support that many routes for these devices so I haven't determined where
the discrepancy is yet.

Regards,

Chris Marlatt