[f-nsp] MLXe-4 vs ASR1006 vs MX80

James Braunegg james.braunegg at micron21.com
Thu Apr 28 09:25:30 EDT 2011

Dear All

Micron21 completed a three month in depth internal investigation between Brocade MLXe XMR the Cisco ASR1004 and the Juniper MX80 around 8 months ago, evaluating which product to invest in. If you wish to know specific details of our study please feel free to contact me directly.

In summary please find the below comments

To give you some background Micron21 is an Australian based Datacentre, we provide datacentre services at an extremely high density, our network is mission critical and supports some of the largest Australian companies, in saying that we are very proud in our decision choosing the Brocade MLXe XMR platform as our routing platform.

Brocade was the right choice for us and since our migration to the Brocade MLXe XMR platform we have also developed an amazing relationship between our company and many senior people within almost every department at Brocade.

In fact owning a Brocade solution makes us feel extremely proud that we choose Brocade, you can't help but smile even more when you see the Brocade One "rap" video knowing your part of an evolving revolution.

To be honest and unbiased Brocade hands down for our application within the datacentre environment was a much better product when you compare the raw processing power to almost anything on the market. Whilst Brocade might not have the "Marketing perception" or glossy paper brochures of the ASR or MX80 it truly is a much better product when you look the technical features you will actually use for a routing platform within a high density environment.

Kindest Regards

James Braunegg
W:  1300 769 972  |  M:  0488 997 207 |  D:  (03) 9751 7616
E:   james.braunegg at micron21.com<mailto:james.braunegg at micron21.com>  |  ABN:  12 109 977 666

This message is intended for the addressee named above. It may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose it to anyone other than the addressee. If you have received this message in error please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.