[f-nsp] running vpls with multiple vlans on CES2000

Igor Ybema foundry-nsp at ergens.org
Wed Aug 3 12:02:48 EDT 2011

Hi Martin,

> A VPLS instance acts as a single broadcast domain. The vlan
> specification just defines which tag(s) the box will use to send frames
> out with towards a CE.

I understand that now indeed. Such a config would bind both vlan's togeter.
But I'm still uncertain if tagged mode will make any difference.
Dunc's post tells us that in his case it did not help any.

Some from foundry/brocade online who can tell us more about tagged mode?

QINQ does work fine however, when using a different tag-type on the
inbound interface and configuring the port as untagged within the
vpls. Just wanted to point that out to all of you.

regards, Igor